The Trauma Puzzle Facilitator Training
Aim: This training program aims to prepare professionals by providing you with the 8 Training Packages that make up 'The Trauma Puzzle® A Trauma Aware Practice Model' so you can facilitate a range of complex trauma workshops. The target is workers and carers with foundation knowledge of trauma theory & experience working with clients who have experienced complex trauma.
At the completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
1. Explain the theoretical paradigms underpinning 'The Trauma Puzzle® : A Trauma Aware Practice Model'.
2. Describe the content of the 8 workshops that make up 'The Trauma Puzzle®'.
3. Use the materials provided to facilitate complex trauma training sessions such as: 1 or 2 day programs, short workshops, discussion groups, video conferences, book clubs, lunchbox learning, JITT (Just in Time Training) sessions etc.
4. Participate in ongoing peer support sessions with other 'The Trauma Puzzle®' facilitators to ensure currency of materials and receive support to develop your own practice.
You will receive 8 Training Packages which include: PowerPoints for each workshop with video hyperlinks, workbooks (for 1 & 2 below), sample case studies and extra reading material relevant to each workshop. These are provided on USB. These have all been edited by a qualified Desktop Publisher.
The 8 Workshops are:
1. Elephant in the Room! What is Trauma-Informed Care?
2. What's in the Box? Understanding Trauma and Positive Behaviour Support Strategies
3. Hurt People, Hurt People. Trauma-Informed understanding of violent and aggressive behaviours.
4. One Child at a Time. Strategies for supporting children to heal from trauma.
5. When Loss Gets Lost. Understanding & Responding to Grieving Children & Young People.
6. Look in the Mirror! What is Empathy and why does it matter?
7. What About You? Enhance the well-being & resilience of those working in the sector.
8. Better than Chocolate! Mindfulness Workshop for Workers and Carers.
This training will accredit you to facilitate our 8 complex trauma workshops, under our branding & using our titles (e.g. What's in the Box?, Elephant in the Room!, Hurt People, Hurt People, One Child at a Time etc.)
Although there are no formal pre-requisites to attend this training, if 'The Trauma Puzzle Facilitator Training' graduates wish to attend any of our 8 workshops after completing the training, then a 50% discount applies.
You will leave this training well prepared to deliver an interesting workshop on complex trauma in your workplace.
Two Day Course
Perth - $1295 + GST p/p
Regional/Interstate - $1500 + GST p/p
9.30 am - 3.30 pm each day
Please arrive and register by 9.15 am
8 sets of PowerPoint slides, 4 Workbooks and extensive additional reading on trauma-informed care, all on a USB drive
Tea, coffee, biscuits and a light sandwich and fruit lunch will be provided. Please contact us if you have special dietary requirements